New Orleans has always intrigued me with it vibrant culture, dynamic music, and flavorful foods. And quickly approaching is one of the times of year that the city shines its brightest -- Mardi Gras! Sadly I won't be able to make it down this time 'round, but I was delighted to hear that I could experience at least one integral part of the tradition right here in my home. And so can one of you! =D
It turns out that Sucré, whose French macarons I've been coveting for quite some time, also makes a killer King Cake (a must at any Mardi Gras celebration!). It's gotten praise from The Times Picayune, Washington Post, and New York Times, among others. If you're among the uninitiated, a King Cake consists of buttery sweet danish pastry filled with cinnamon and cream cheese then topped off with a vibrant array of colored sugar. A trinket (usually a small plastic baby) is also put in each cake. The person who finds it is then dubbed King or Queen for the day and said to receive good fortune for the year! That person then has the duty to pay it forward by throwing another party and serving a King Cake. How. Fun. Is. That?! So the point of all this is that Sucré has generously offered to provide one of their award-winning King Cakes (feeds 8-10) to one lucky 6 Bittersweets reader just in time to throw your own local mini-Carnival!
- Tell me your favorite New Orleans, Mardi Gras, or King Cake experience if you've had one.
- Visit Sucré's online store, and share your favorite treat in the comments.
- Like Sucré on Facebook, then leave a comment telling me you did so.
- Follow Sucré on Twitter, then leave a comment telling me you did so.
- Subscribe to this blog, then leave a comment telling me you did or already do.
- Follow 6 Bittersweets on Twitter, then leave a comment telling me you did or already do including your Twitter name.
- Tweet about this giveaway including a link to this post and tagging @6bittersweets, then leave a comment telling me.