I'm delighted to be hosting this month's "Does My Blog Look Good in This?" event. DMBLGIT was started in 2005 by Andrew of SpittoonExtra. It's best described as a monthly food and drink photography event open to all bloggers who have posted a food photograph on their blogs during the previous month. At least 6 awards are given each month based on scoring of photographs in the 3 categories of edibility, aesthetics, and originality by 5 judges. To check out the winners from last month’s DMBLGIT event, please stop by Simplicious.
General DMBLGIT Rules:
- Only one food/drink photograph may be entered per person.
- The photograph must have been taken by you.
- The photograph must have been posted on your blog between February 1 through 28, 2011.
- The deadline to submit your entry is March 20, 2011 at midnight, whenever that is in your part of the world.
A panel of 5 judges, to be introduced later this month, will choose 6 winners based on the following criteria:Aesthetics: composition, food styling, lighting, focus, etc.
Edibility: does the photo make us want to take a big bite out of our computer monitor while drooling on our keyboard?
Originality: a photo that makes you stop, look twice, and think “Wow! I never thought of photographing it like that before.”
Three overall winners will be selected plus one in each of the 3 categories. As host I have the privilege of choosing one photo that I think stands out, but wasn’t chosen as a winner. My post announcing the winners for this month will be published by April 1, 2011 (I promise not to play any pranks ^_^).
How to Enter DMBLGIT:
Send an e-mail with "DMBLGIT Entry" as the subject line to me at xiaolu6 [at] gmail [dot] com. In your email, please include:
- An attachment of a single qualifying food or drink photo you'd like to enter. It should be without text and no more than 500 pixels in width.
- Your name
- Your blog URL
- The title of the image/what it is
- The URL of the post containing the photograph
- The camera and lens you used
Photographs will be loaded into this gallery in Picasa as I receive them. If you don't get an acknowledgment from me within 72 hours of sending your entry, please leave a message in the comments section of this post. By submitting a photo, entrants agree to their photo being redisplayed and altered in size on the host’s page and on the SpittoonExtra DMBLGiT page.
If you have any questions about this month's event, please feel free to email me. Anyone with interest in hosting a future edition of DMBLGiT should email Andrew with "DMBLGIT Host" as the subject. I can't wait to see each and every one of your beautiful entries!