Friday, October 9, 2009
What a wonderful week it's been for this newbie blogger! First I was dubbed Cupcake Hero and then I was surprised to receive this One Lovely Blog award from Michelle at One Ordinary Day. She's a true sweetheart with a wonderful little blog that you simply must see. Please go pay her a visit!
So the fun of this award is that you pass it on to 15 more blogs that you like! Now I read so many blogs that my browser often freezes up when I try to manage my subscriptions (oops). It's a bit embarrassing in fact, and my boyfriend likes to tease me about my incessant blog "scrolling." The point though is that I had plenty of beautiful and inspirational sites to select from and had a haaard time keeping the list to just 15! Keep reading to see which ones made my list...
1. 17 and Baking - I don't know how Elissa keeps up with high school, learning to drive, plus baking n' blogging but it's super impressive and fun to read about to boot.
2. Carmen Cooks - Carmen used to be a coworker and made me feel so welcome on the first day of work with her bright personality. It was just a matter of time before I discovered her awesome blog too.
3. Eat Me, Delicious - I found my amazing birthday cake and loads of other great vegetarian recipes here.
4. Eats Well with Others - Joanne's blog is chock-full of healthy but satisfying recipes. Her pumpkin and pine nut linguine is exactly what a hearty fall meal should be.
5. Evan's Kitchen Ramblings - A beautiful marriage of food and photography. I can only hope to make macarons as creative and camera-ready as hers one day.
6. Fuzzykoala's Caketastic Adventures - I discovered Dorothy's blog through Cupcake Hero. Don't miss her "Peeptastic" entry for October's contest!
7. Herbivoracious - While I'm not 100% vegetarian, I do frequent a lot of meat-free blogs and this is one of my favorites. Michael's recent post about a savory onion and aged Gouda dutch baby had me salivating for real...
8. Judy in Her Natural Habitat: The Kitchen - Judy's done us all a huge favor by figuring out how to make her own cupcake wrappers. Visit her site for the details.
9. Koko's Kitchen - Miso-baked halibut? Roasted butternut squash with curry sauce? Need I say more? Go there now.
10. Melanger :: to mix - Hands down, one of the most beautiful blogs I've ever seen. I'm dying to know how Julia makes those photo collages. She's doing a series of posts on caramel this month that are all sure to impress.
11. Paris Pastry - I love that she lets her readers choose what she bakes next. Her hazelnut blondies really speak to me, and loudly =).
12. The Red Deer - A blog I discovered just this week but am already totally hooked on. She just posted her pumpkin graveyard cupcakes with fondant bone toppers. Don't even pretend those aren't the most wicked Halloween treat you've ever seen.
13. Seven Spoons - Everything about this site reminds me of the beauty of simplicity. Her writing captivates me as much as the food (See the October 1st post, for example).
14. Tofu and Cupcakes - I love this title as these are 2 of my favorite foods! Plus Aubrey made her own fresh grated coconut recently. Now that deserves major props!
15. Une-duex senses - Michelle really sets herself apart by incorporating her loves of fashion and music, both of which I'm also passionate about, into her food blog. Plus, I'm pretty tickled that she made my ferrero rocher cupcakes O:-).
Posted by Xiaolu at 12:00 AM